Proudly Serving South Central Texas
The Prevention Resource Center (PRC) Region 8 proudly serves the 28 counties of South Central Texas and is one of 11 PRCs in Texas. The purpose of the Prevention Resource Centers is to increase the capacity of the statewide substance abuse prevention system. Our services seek to enhance community collaboration, increase community awareness and readiness, provide information on substance use and related behavioral health data, support professional development of the prevention workforce, and provide resources for evaluation activities within each service region.
The goals of the Prevention Resource Center are:
- Maintain and serve as the primary resource for substance use and related behavioral health data for the region.
- Coordinate the required prevention strategies across all substance abuse prevention programs to ensure compliance with state lations.
- Strengthen compliance with existing laws on the sale of tobacco and nicotine products to minors through education activities and monitoring activities.
- Increase awareness of the community regarding substance use and misuse through the dissemination of information across a variety of media outlets and distribution networks.
- Build the prevention workforce capacity through technical support and coordination of prevention trainings.