We serve our communities by providing data on the state’s Three Prevention Priorities of alcohol, marijuana, prescription drug use, and tobacco and other drugs. In addition, we provide data to schools, colleges, universities, coalitions, councils, events, and other stakeholders within our communities. This is done through Information Dissemination which provides awareness and knowledge of substance abuse issues and trends through the data collected by the central data repository.
Please use the links below to access information and resources regarding substance abuse issues. If you don’t see what you need, you can use our request-specific data form. For more information or to suggest a link, contact us at Prevention Resource Center, Region 8, 7500 Hwy 90 West, Ste. 100, San Antonio, Tx 78227, (210) 225-4741, or email GJuarez@sacada.org.
PRC Region 8 Newsletter and Factsheets
The PRC Region has created a fact sheet with a wealth of information about Regional information, upcoming training, and data you could use. The PRC Region 8 also creates fact sheets that are county exclusive. Let us know if we can help by filling out the data request form at the bottom of this page.
- PRC Region 8 Newsletter- July 2022
- PRC Region 8 Newsletter- June 2022
- PRC Region 8 Newsletter- April 2022
- PRC Region 8 Newsletter -May 2022
- Fake Pills Fact Sheet
- Visualizing the Impact of the Opioid Crisis in the United States
- 2018-2020 Regional Opioid-Related Emergency Department Visits
- 2020 Texas School Survey Highlights (Regions 6, 8, 11)
PRC Region 8 Regional Needs Assessment – Overviews
The overview is for you if you are looking for a more condensed version of the PRC Region 8 Regional Needs Assessments. We’ve taken the larger document and have condensed it with the most pertinent information from the RNA.
- 2022 RNA Overview- Spanish Version
- 2022 RNA Overview- English Version
- 2020 RNA Key Highlights- Spanish Version
- 2020 RNA Key Highlights -English Version
Regional and State Data
- Texas Health Data
- The University of Texas at Austin School of Social Work
- Texans for Safe and Drug-Free Youth
1st quarter Virtual Lunch and Learn is on Thursday, November 17th!