18 May Weekly Roundup 5-18-2020
Counseling & Wellness Resources
Support & Hotlines
- 24/7 Mental Health Support Line
- Texas Health and Human Services launched a 24/7 statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress or emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Call toll-free at 1.833.986.1919 anytime to speak to a counselor.
- Crisis Text Line
- Are you feeling anxious about COVID-19? To get free confidential, 24/7 support for anxiety, text “HOME” to 741741.
- National Parent Helpline
- Parenting can be overwhelming, especially during times of crisis. If you are struggling or need some support, you can call the National Parent Helpline® to get emotional support. Call 1.855.427.2736 between 12:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to speak to a trained advocate.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Disaster Distress Hotline
- 1.800.985.5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Free, confidential 24/7 support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for oneself and others : 1.800.273.TALK
- Guided Meditation with Martinez Street Women’s Center
- If you are interested in learning more about guided meditation, Martinez Street Women’s Center is offering guided meditation and mindfulness practice three times per day (at 6:45 a.m., 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.) Monday through Friday on their digital radio station.
Alerts – Sign Up for Alerts
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, emergency information and alerts.
Rent and Mortgage Help (Housing)
Rental & Mortgage Assistance – I need help paying my rent or mortgage.
Testing for COVID-19
COVID-19 Testing – I am sick and need help getting testing or retrieving test results.