06 Nov November is Tobacco Awareness Month
Posted at 12:47h in News
Tobacco Use Fast Facts
- Tobacco product use is started and established primarily during adolescence.
- Nearly 9 out of 10 adults who smoke cigarettes daily first try smoking by age 18, and 99% first try smoking by age 26.
- Each day in the U.S., about 1,600 youth smoke their first cigarette and nearly 200 youth start smoking every day.
- Flavorings in tobacco products can make them more appealing to youth.
- In 2020, 85% of high school students and 74% of middle school students who used tobacco products in the past 30 days reported using a flavored tobacco product during that time.
|Source: Office on Smoking and Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion|