We serve our communities by providing data on the state’s Three Prevention Priorities of alcohol, marijuana, and prescription drug use, as well as tobacco and other drugs. We provide data to schools, colleges, universities, coalitions, councils, events, and other stakeholders within our communities. This is done through Information Dissemination which provides awareness and knowledge of substance abuse issues and trends through the data collected by the central data repository.
Please use the links below to access information and resources regarding substance abuse issues. If you don’t see what you need, you can use our request specific data form. For more information or to suggest a link, contact us at Prevention Resource Center, Region 8, 7500 Hwy 90 West, Ste. 100, San Antonio, Tx 78227, (210) 225-4741, or email GJuarez@sacada.org.
PRC Region 8 Newsletter and Factsheets
The PRC Region has created a fact sheet with a wealth of information pertaining to Regional information, upcoming training and data you could use. The PRC Region 8 also creates fact sheets that county exclusive. Let us know if we can help by filling out the data request form at the bottom of this page.
- PRC Region 8 Newsletter- Protective Risk Factors
- PRC Newsletter – November 2016- Tobacco Awareness Month
- PRC Newsletter – December 2016 – Drinking, Drugs and Driving Awareness Month
2017 PRC Region 8 Regional Needs Assessment – Overviews
If you are looking for more condensed version of the 2015 PRC Region 8 Regional Needs Assessment, then the overview is for you. We’ve taken the 228 page document and have narrowed it down to a 32 page document with the most pertinent information from the RNA. Please fill out the form below if you would like an electronic copy emailed to you.
- 2015 PRC Region 8 Regional Needs Assessment – English Version
- 2015 PRC Region 8 Regional Needs Assessment – Spanish Version
Regional and State Data
- Texas Substance Abuse Trends (PDF)
- The University of Texas at Austin School of Social Work
- EWG June 2014, Substance Abuse Trends in Texas
- Texas Youth Tobacco Survey
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Texans Standing Tall Report Card 2013 (PDF)
- Texans Standing Tall, Austin, Texas
- Circles of San Antonio Community Needs Assessment (PDF)
- San Antonio Council on Drug and Alcohol Abuse (SACADA)
- Texas College Survey 2013 (PDF)
- PPRI, Texas A&M: Report on 2013 Texas Survey of Substance Use Among College Students
- Bexar County DWI Assessment 2014
- University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX Problem Identification and Community Assessment of DWI Needs for Bexar County, Texas, April 2014
Other Regional Reports
- Alamo Area Council of Governments: Annual Report
- Bexar County Community Health Improvement Plan 2014
Request Specific Data